Phone - +64 (0) 2102299588    Email - Click Here

Partnership Visas

Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa

If you’re the partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident and you wish to live in New Zealand with your partner, you can initially apply Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa.

You can also apply for a Partnership Residence Visa to live in New Zealand permanently. If you’re granted residence as the Partner of a New Zealander you can live, work and study in New Zealand indefinitely. You may also include dependent children, aged 24 and under, in your visa applications.

If your partner is a New Zealand citizen and the two of you have been living together outside of New Zealand for 5 years or more, you may be granted a permanent resident visa. Your partner will need to be either overseas when you apply, or have been back in New Zealand for less than 3 months.

Partner of a Worker Work Visa

This visa will allow you to work in New Zealand while your partner’s here on a work visa. The visa will be granted for the same time as your partner’s work visa With this visa you can join your partner, work in New Zealand or study for up to 3 months.

Work visa holders supporting family

All work, visitor and student visas granted to the partners or children of work visa holders will be granted for the same duration as your work visa.

All Essential Skills work visas applied for after 28 August 2017 will be granted with the skill-band of the employment stated on the approval letter. If your skill band is lower-skilled, you cannot support visas for your family members, unless one of the following applies:

You cannot support a work, visitor or student visa for your partner or dependent child if you hold a work visa granted under one of the following categories:

  • Foreign crew of fishing vessels
  • Working Holiday Scheme
  • Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) Work Instructions
  • Supplementary Seasonal Employer (SSE) Instructions
  • Silver Fern Job Search Instructions
  • Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Instructions
  • Domestic staff of diplomatic, consular, or official staff
  • Essential Skills, if your employment is lower skilled

Partner of a Student Work Visa

This visa allows partners of Student visa holders, who are in New Zealand studying towards a level 7 or higher qualification on New Zealand’s Long-Term Skill Shortage List LINK PLEASE, or a postgraduate qualification, to work in New Zealand for the same time as your partner’s student visa.


error: Alert: Content is protected !!